Worried about the new PSLE system in 2021? Fret not, here are the 7 things you need to know:
1) Students’ scores will not be benchmarked against their peers, hence students will only need to focus on being as well-prepared as possible for the exams and do their best.
2) New scoring bands of Achievement Level (AL) 1- AL8:
3) To get the best PSLE score of 4, students will need to score at least 90 marks in all four subjects (English, maths, science, Mother Tongue).
4) Secondary School Admission – the rank of choice matters! Students will get 6 choices and have to rank them according to their order of preference. If two students have the same PSLE score and have chosen the same school, priority will be given to the one who has put it down as a first choice over the other one who has listed it as a second choice.
5) Computerised balloting: If 2 students are competing for a place in a school which they have both listed in the same choice order, and have the same PSLE score and citizenship status, computerised balloting will be used as a tie-breaker.
6) Express stream: Students have to obtain PSLE score of 22 or less. Normal Acad Stream: The PSLE score has to be 25 or less. Normal Tech Stream: The PSLE score has to be 30 or less.
7) Students are required to score at least AL7 for English and Maths to get into the Normal (Technical) stream.
Searching for a reliable tuition centre in Yishun? CONTACT US today and let us help you/your children get prepared for the upcoming exams and PSLE!